Sinus infection Symptoms
posted: Dec. 29, 2021.
How your holistic doctor in St. Louis, MO, can help when you have a sinus infection
A sinus infection can make you miserable. You may suffer from a severe sinus headache, fatigue, and other unpleasant symptoms when you have a sinus infection. Your doctor can help you get relief from your symptoms, so you can get back to enjoying your life.
Dr. Tipu Sultan M.D. is a holistic doctor at Environmental Health Center in St. Louis and Creve Coeur, MO. He offers a wide range of medical services, including the treatment of sinus infections.
There are some important signs and symptoms of sinus infection you need to pay attention to. You may have a sinus infection if you experience:
- Fever and fatigue
- Recurrent throbbing pain in your sinuses
- Chronic pain in your nose, forehead, upper teeth, or jaw
- Decreased smelling or tasting ability
- Frequent congestion and difficulty breathing through your nose
- A green or yellow fluid coming out from your nose
- Chronic severe headaches or earaches
- A chronic sore throat or cough
You can develop a sinus infection from catching a virus, fungal infection, or by the spread of harmful bacteria. Sinus infections can also be caused by allergies, polyps in your nose, or dental issues in your upper teeth.
You can help safeguard your health and prevent sinus infections if you:
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently
- Don’t touch your face to limit the spread of bacteria
- Place a humidifier in your bedroom to keep the air moist
- Irrigate your sinuses daily with saline solution
Sinus infections don’t often clear up on their own. Chances are you will need the care of your doctor. Professional treatments for sinus infection may include:
- Allergy testing and treatment if your sinus infections are due to allergies
- Antibiotic medications to eliminate the bacteria causing the sinus infection
- Prescription-strength decongestants and antihistamines to help you breathe better
- Corticosteroid medications to decrease swelling in your sinuses
You don’t have to suffer from a sinus infection when help is just a phone call away. To learn more about the signs, symptoms, and treatment of a sinus infection, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Tipu Sultan M.D. of Environmental Health Center in St. Louis and Creve Coeur, MO, at (314) 921-5600. Call today!