Are You Dealing With Chronic Fatigue?
posted: Aug. 09, 2021.
Discover a more holistic approach to treating chronic fatigue.
While everything from stress to a poor night’s sleep can leave us feeling exhausted during the day, if you find yourself dealing with severe fatigue that isn’t alleviated with rest, you might be dealing with chronic fatigue. Our St. Louis, MO, holistic doctor Dr. Tipu Sultan has helped countless patients get their chronic fatigue under control. Wondering if you could be dealing with chronic fatigue?
What are the signs of chronic fatigue?
While symptoms do vary in type and severity throughout the day, the most common symptoms of chronic fatigue include,
- Extreme fatigue
- Unrefreshed sleep
- Memory problems and trouble concentrating
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Joint or muscle aches and pains
- Low-grade fever
- Dizziness upon standing or sitting
- Sore throat
- Mood swings
- Exhaustion that gets worse after working out or intense mental tasks
In order to be diagnosed with chronic fatigue the symptoms you experience must last for at least six months. Our St. Louis, MO, holistic doctor will also want to rule out any underlying medical conditions that could be causing these symptoms. Any excessive or prolonged fatigue should be evaluated by a medical professional, especially if it’s impacting your life.
What causes chronic fatigue?
While we don’t know the exact cause of chronic fatigue there are certain factors that can predispose or trigger symptoms of chronic fatigue. These risk factors include,
- Gender (women are more likely to be diagnosed with chronic fatigue)
- Emotional trauma
- Hormonal balances
- Viral infections (e.g. Epstein-Barr virus)
- Impaired immune system
How is chronic fatigue treated?
When you turn to Dr. Sultan and the team at Environmental Health Center, you’ll get a holistic and whole-body approach to treating your chronic fatigue. From the moment you walk into our St. Louis, MO, practice we will work with you to craft a treatment plan that helps alleviate and manage your symptoms. Everyone’s treatment plan is tailored to them; however, since Dr. Sultan takes on a multi-factor approach to managing chronic fatigue you can expect your treatment plan to,
- Bolster your immune system
- Target and treat allergies
- Detoxify your body
- Providing emotional and psychological healing and support
- Improve adrenal function
- Treat and eliminate infections including parasitic, bacteria, viral and yeast
- Treat nutritional deficiencies
- Improve sleep hygiene and quality
While antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications can be beneficial for patients dealing with clinical depression and anxiety (which can exacerbate chronic fatigue symptoms), we know that medication isn’t the only thing our patients need. We may also provide or recommend,
- Supplementation and nutritional support
- Emotional and psychological support and referrals to mental health experts
- Herbal remedies
- Exercise recommendations and other lifestyle changes
- Stress-relieving treatment options
- Chiropractic therapy
As a holistic doctor we make sure that every and all systems within the body are working properly.
Here at Environmental Health Center in St. Louis, MO, we understand the serious impact chronic fatigue can have on someone’s health, wellbeing and quality of life. If you suspect that you’re dealing with chronic fatigue, call our practice at (314) 921-5600 to book a consultation with Dr. Sultan.