It is a complex Neurobehavioral disorder which has motor and vocal tics. It begins in childhood.
- Mild to severe debilitating tics
- Behavioral issues
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention Deficit (ADD)
- Food Allergy
- yeast Overgrowth
- Nutritional deficiencies
- chronic Streptococcal infection
- Neurotransmitters’ imbalance
- Assuring family that it will resolve by adulthood
- Medicines like Clonidine, Guanfacine, Clonazepam, Risperidone etc.
- For ADHD component : Methylphenidate, Dextroamphatamine etc
It depends upon the cause.
- Look for food allergy and treat
- Look for Yeast Overgrowth and treat with antifungal medicine and immunotherapy
- Identify nutritional deficiencies especially minerals
- Chronic Streptococcal infection like chronic tonsillitis: if strept is found to be the culprit, tonsillectomy may be indicated
- Check for Neurotransmitters’ imbalance and treat nutritionally or targeted therapy with appropriate medicines