If you’ve experienced a sinus infection in your life, you know that it can be extremely debilitating and can stop you from living your daily life. When mucus builds up in the sinuses and doesn’t clear out, you’re at risk for a sinus infection and in for a rough couple of days. It’s important that you talk to Dr. Tipu Sultan in St. Louis, MO, about treating your sinus infection and relieving the pain you may be feeling so that you can get back to your normal life.
Signs of a Sinus Infection
There are some distinct symptoms to look out for when you may have a sinus infection. Some common signs of a sinus infection are:
- Discolored nasal discharge.
- Facial pain and soreness.
- Lessened sense of taste and smell.
- Bad breath.
- Persistent cough.
- Stuffy nose.
The signs of a sinus infection and the common cold are fairly similar, however facial pain, discolored discharge, fever, or symptoms lasting for a week usually point to a sinus infection and are signs that you should see your doctor in St. Louis, MO, immediately.
Treating Your Sinus Infection
Most treatments can be done at home with simple remedies. Your doctor may recommend getting a humidifier to help open up the airways. They may also suggest using saline irrigation, decongestants, and a topical nasal spray to help get rid of any sinus pressure and congestion you might be experiencing. If symptoms persist and continue to bother you, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic to help cure your infection and relieve the symptoms you may be experiencing.
Contact Your Doctor Today!
If you’re suffering from a sinus infection, it’s important that you contact Dr. Tipu Sultan in St. Louis, MO, at (314) 921-5600 as soon as possible for treatment and to get back to your normal life without sinus pain!
Find out whether hormone replacement therapy may be right for you.
Hormones play a vital role in maintaining good health, and not just our reproductive health. Hormones are responsible for regulating everything from blood pressure and sex drive to hunger, metabolism, and immune system. Therefore, when hormone levels start to fluctuate this can lead to a host of unpleasant symptoms for both men and women. This is where our St. Louis, MO, holistic doctor Dr. Tipu Sultan can help.
What are bioidentical hormones?
As you may be able to guess, bioidentical hormones contain hormones that have an identical chemical structure to natural hormones already found in the body. This means that our bodies are more likely to recognize these bioidentical hormones as natural hormones, which means fewer side effects and more benefits over traditional hormone replacement therapy.
Who can benefit from bioidentical hormones?
When we think about hormone replacement therapy, we often think about women that are going through menopause. While many menopausal women here in St. Louis, MO, can benefit from turning to holistic medicine to get bioidentical hormone therapy, many men and women of various ages may also benefit. You may want to consider bioidentical hormones if,
- You’re dealing with severe menopausal symptoms including hot flashes and night sweats, weight gain, and brain fog
- You have low testosterone (both men and women)
- You’ve been diagnosed with an adrenal or thyroid disorder
- You are insulin resistant
- You have osteoporosis
Men with low testosterone levels may experience some of these symptoms,
- Loss of sex drive
- Fatigue/low energy
- Trouble concentrating
- Weight gain
- Loss of muscle mass
- Hair loss
- Sexual dysfunction
- Irritability and mood swings
If you are dealing with low testosterone levels, then our holistic doctor may recommend bioidentical hormones to help boost hormone levels. This is a common problem for men as they get older, as their bodies are no longer producing the same amount of testosterone.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy has the ability to improve,
- Sexual desire and intimacy
- Energy levels
- Weight loss
- Menopausal symptoms
- Sleep problems
- Memory and concentration
Have questions about bioidentical hormones or holistic medicine? If so, call Environmental Health & Allergy Center in St. Louis, MO, today at (314) 921-5600 to schedule an evaluation.
Holistic treatment is essentially a whole-body approach for treating diseases. Its main goal is to improve wellness and health physically via the body, emotionally via the mind, and spiritually via the soul. Holistic treatment commonly blends traditional medicine practices and CAM or complementary and alternative medicine therapies.
Here at the Environmental Health & Allergy Center in St. Louis, MO, our holistic doctor, Dr. Tipu Sultan, believes that ill people only ever get well once you treat the cause of their illness instead of masking their symptoms. This is why he combines the best of traditional medicine and environmental medicine for a holistic approach to acute and chronic diseases.
Fundamental Holistic Treatment Principles
The core values of holistic treatment include the following:
- People are not and shouldn’t be defined by their diseases or conditions.
- Prevention is always better than treatments or cures.
- Optimum health is a complex blend of physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual wellness.
- Diseases are the result of an issue with the entire body instead of a single body part or event.
- The primary objective of treatment is to resolve a disease’s underlying root cause rather than just treating its symptoms.
- Holistic treatment entails a wide array of options that includes self-care, education, alternative therapies, and conventional medical therapies.
- Treatment outcomes are usually determined through an open and honest doctor-patient relationship.
Common Holistic Therapies
Holistic treatment encompasses a broad range of therapies that typically involve the following:
- Education: This will teach you certain lifestyle modifications including self-care tactics and habits that might improve your condition such as nutrition counseling, exercises, supplementation, stretching, self-massage, and stress-relieving techniques like yoga, meditation, and tai chi.
- Alternative and Complementary Therapies: These usually include herbal remedies, acupuncture, massage, aromatherapy, reiki, and music therapy among others.
- Traditional Medicine Treatments: These include prescription medications, diagnostic tests, and surgical intervention among others.
To better understand how holistic treatment works, let’s say that you suffer from dermatitis. A traditional doctor will recommend treatments to get rid of the itch or rash and other symptoms, like a prescription topical steroid and an anti-itch oral medication. On the other hand, your holistic doctor in St. Louis, MO, may recommend certain lifestyle and dietary adjustments as well as more conservative creams and home remedies such as oatmeal baths.
With all this in mind, if you’re looking for a whole-body disease management approach, a holistic doctor might be the best option for you. You’ll be given a treatment plan that will help you really get to the cause of your condition instead of just alleviating your symptoms.
Reach Out to Learn More About Our Holistic Approach to Treating Acute and Chronic Diseases
Dial (314) 921-5600 to arrange an appointment with our holistic doctor here at the Environmental Health & Allergy Center in St. Louis, MO, Dr. Tipu Sultan, today.
Have you ever wondered how what you eat and drink impacts your daily function, immune system, nutrient absorption, and overall health? At Environmental Health & Allergy Center in St. Louis, MO, Dr. Tipu Sultan takes a naturopathic approach to patient care. He places a high value on the nutrients you need for optimal health.
It's what Nature intends
A Diplomate of the American Board of Environmental Medicine, Dr. Tipu Sultan incorporates natural approaches and remedies to foster good health. What we breathe in and consume in the form of food and drink impacts how we feel and operate daily. Even the kind and number of pharmaceuticals we take change well-being and the prospect for recovery from many acute and chronic conditions.
In fact, naturopathic medicine emphasizes prevention, healing, and a strong immune system states the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. As such, Dr. Sultan holistically approaches each of his patients, striving to fully understand:
- Perceived problems
- Lifestyle (including work, family, exercise habits, and more)
He wishes to understand underlying causes for poor health, reveal them, and treat them by optimizing body function rather than simply managing or covering up symptoms. He performs a complete history and physical examination on all his patients and is well-known for his compassion, attention to detail, and excellent listening skills.
As its name implies, nutritional medicine incorporates proper nutrition--healthy foods, supplements, water intake, and more. As ordered by Dr. Sultan, your blood work will reveal key aspects of physiological function and show where your nutritional habits may be failing you. What you consume changes in cholesterol levels, blood sugar, thyroid function, mood, and more.
Also, Dr. Sultan recommends dietary changes and nutritional supplements to increase:
- Nutrient absorption
- Water intake
- Whole food intake without added chemicals or toxins
- The strength and operation of the immune system
To learn more about the benefits of nutritional medicine, call Dr. Tipu Sultan and his caring team at Environmental Health & Allergy Center in St. Louis, MO. Our patients testify to how this innovative and natural approach to their diet and lifestyle helps them be their very best selves. Phone us for a consultation at (314) 921-5600.
If you're a headache or migraine sufferer, you know how episodic pain impacts your daily life. At Environmental Health and Allergy Center in St. Louis, MO, Dr. Sultan is board-certified in Environmental Medicine. He can uncover the reasons for your headaches and show you have to relieve them naturally at home. Feel so much better--now!
A lost day
When you have a tension, cluster, or migraine headache, it disrupts your work and family routines. You want to sleep but cannot sleep. You have facial pain, your neck hurts and even your vision is different.
Should you simply cover up your symptoms and not understand why you experience headaches? At Environmental Health & Allergy Center in St. Louis, MO, Dr. Sultan gets to the underlying reasons for many health symptoms and conditions, including asthma, diabetes, and yes, headaches and migraines. And, he can help you, too.
Come to our office
When you consult with Dr. Sultan, he'll review your medical history, list of medications, and current symptoms. He'll look for the reasons why you suffer from headaches or migraines and not just cover them up with medications. He may run lab tests to look for dysfunction in the thyroid and other organs of the body, too.
Caring for your headaches at home
Here are some simple interventions Dr. Sultan may include in your headache care plan:
- Drink sufficient water every day as dehydration is a common cause of headaches.
- Avoid foods which are fermented or contain histamines (beer and ham as examples)
- Limit your daily intake of alcohol (two drinks per day if a man or one a day if a woman)
- Apply a cold compress to your forehead and/or back of the neck.
- As reported in Healthline, regular intake of water-soluble Vitamins B2, B6, and B 12 may avoid migraine pain altogether.
- Simple, regular exercise increases flexibility, oxygenation, and blood flow.
- Avoid strong cooking odors and perfumes as these commonly trigger migraines.
- Apply peppermint or lavender oil to your temples and back of the neck to relieve tension.
Don't suffer from headaches and migraines
In St. Louis, MO, the person to see is Dr. Sultan at Environmental Health and Allergy Center. He and his caring staff enjoy seeing symptoms relieved and lives restored naturally. Call our South New Ballas Road office to arrange a helpful consultation about your headaches: (314) 921-5600.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.